Mark posted:

>They have the option of using the phrasing found in translated versions of
>RDA.  For instance, in French, there's "[entre 1846 et 1853?]."

Which would mean a duplicate record for each language of the catalogue
we support.  The idea of IFLA's UBC (Universal Bibliographic Control)
was that the descrip[tion prepared in the country of publication could
be used internationall.  Do we really want duplicate recprds for each
possible language in OCLC?  We don't want duplicate records in our
database.

>How would you handle a "between year1 and year2"

Depends on whether the two years are in the same decade for the same
century.