Apologies for duplicate postings:

You are invited to the ALCTS CaMMS Copy Cataloging Interest Group meeting on
Saturday June 29 at ALA Annual in Chicago:

ALCTS CaMMS Copy Cataloging Interest Group
Saturday June 29, 2013
8:30 am  10:00 am
McCormick Place Convention Center N229

Agenda:

Angela Kinney, African, Latin American & Western European Division, Library of
Congress
Library of Congress Update

Tricia Mackenzie, Metadata Librarian, George Mason University

RDA & Audiovisual Cataloging

The implementation of RDA has made tremendous waves in the cataloging
community.  In response to RDA, librarians have developed webinars and
presentations, and published articles covering the theory behind RDA, the
differences between AACR2 and RDA, and RDA cataloging for print resources.
However, there has been less of a focus on RDA cataloging of audiovisual
materials on a larger scale.  This presentation will cover the differences in
AACR2 and RDA cataloging of videos, and how these differences play out in the
MARC record.

Ruth Elder, Cataloging Librarian, Troy University Library, Troy Campus
Erin Boyd, Cataloging/Librarian, Rosa Parks Library, Troy University,
Montgomery Campus
Olga Casey, Technical Services Librarian, Troy University, Dothan Campus
Audio-Visual Materials and RDA: How to Maintain Consistency in a Multi-Campus
Library
The implementation of RDA will affect all libraries since the majority of the
records are AACR2 and will not be converted to RDA. This is especially
problematic for non-monographic materials because of the shift from GMDs to the
new 300 fields, among other things. The challenge is how to establish a quality
and functional catalog in this hybrid environment. For this reason, the
Catalogers on each campus of Troy University collaborated on the various
options (cataloger's judgment) offered through RDA and developed "best
practices" for copy cataloging in our multi-campus library environment. For
this presentation, we will discuss how we developed these "best practices" for
Audio-Visual materials, various training methods, and how we are utilizing our
in-house Technical Services wiki to keep staff up-to-date with practices,
procedures, and examples as they evolve.

Nancy Chaffin Hunter
Co-chair, ALCTS CaMMS Copy Cataloging Discussion Group
Associate Professor/Metadata Librarian
Colorado State University Libraries
Campus Delivery 1019
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019