From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Arakawa, Steven
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:20 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Relationship designators in LC Records

I believe so. LC practice (as distinguished from PCC practice) is to require
RDs only for illustrators of children's books, although that doesn't mean LC
catalogers cannot make individual decisions to add RDs in other categories. And
I see the PCC guidelines more as best practice rather than mandatory.

Steven Arakawa
Catalog Librarian for Training & Documentation
Catalog & Metada Services
Sterling Memorial Library. Yale University
P.O. Box 208240 New Haven, CT 06520-8240
(203) 432-8286 steven.arak...@yale.edu<mailto:steven.arak...@yale.edu>