Hello,
I have a problem in finding a controlled list of material specified in |3
subfield in 336 337 and 338 for accompanying materials.
I have prepared some combinations and I need your help mainly for the terms I
suggested for the material specified in |3 for 336, 337 and 338.
Thank you
Basma
Basma Chebani
Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services Department
University Libraries / Jafet
American University of Beirut
Beirut - Lebanon
Tel: 961-1-350000 ext.2614
basma.cheb...@aub.edu.lb<mailto:basma.cheb...@aub.edu.lb>
basmacheb...@yahoo.com<mailto:basmacheb...@yahoo.com>

Description of a Book

Description     300              228 pages :|billustrations ;|c30 cm.

Description     336             text|btxt|2rdacontent
Description     337              unmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     338              volume|bnc|2rdacarrier

Description of a Video recording on DVD

Description     300       1 videodisc (75 min.) :|bsound, color and black &
white ;|c4 3/4 in.

Description     336              two-dimensional moving image|btdi|2rdacontent
Description     337              video|bv|2rdamedia
Description     338              videodisc|bvd|2rdacarrier
Description     340              |b4 3/4 in.
Description     344              digital|boptical|hDolby|2rda
Description     346              laser optical|bNTSC|2rda
Description     347              video file|bDVD video|2rda
Video Digital file characteristics (347)

Description of a Video recording on CD

Description     300       1 videodisc (75 min.) :|bsound, color and black &
white ;|c4 3/4 in.

Description     336              two-dimensional moving image|btdi|2rdacontent
Description     337              video|bv|2rdamedia
Description     338              videodisc|bvd|2rdacarrier
Description     340              |b4 3/4 in.
Description     344              digital|boptical|hDolby|2rda
Description     346              laser optical|bNTSC|2rda
Description     347              video file|bCD video|2rda
Video Digital file characteristics (347)

Description of a Photograph

Description     300              2 photographs  :|bportrait ;|c15x28 cm

Description     336              still image|bsti|2rdacontent
Description     337              unmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     338              sheet|bnb|2rdacarrier

Description of a digital Photograph on the server

Description     300              2 photographs  :|bportrait ;|c15x28 cm

Description     336              still image|bsti|2rdacontent
Description     337              computer|bc|2rdamedia
Description     338             online|bcr|2rdacarrier

Description of a Poster

Description     300              2 posters  :|bcolor ;|c20x29 cm

Description     336              still image|bsti|2rdacontent
Description     337              unmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     338              sheet|bnb|2rdacarrier

Description of a digital Poster on the server

Description     300              2 posters  :|bcolor ;|c20x29 cm

Description     336              still image|bsti|2rdacontent
Description     337              computer|bc|2rdamedia
Description     338              online|bcr|2rdacarrier

Description of an online Database

Description     300              1 online resource|billustrations .

Description     336             Computer dataset |2rdacontent
Description     337             computer |2rdamedia
Description     338              online|bcr |2rdacarrier

Description of a Microfilm reel

Description     300              1 microfilm reel :|bpositive

Description     336             text|btxt|2rdacontent
Description     337              microform|bh|2rdamedia
Description     338              microform reel|bnc|2rdacarrier

Accompanying material

Description of a Book with a DVD as Accompanying material containing
standalone Database

Description     300              228 pages :|billustrations ;|c30 cm +|e1 DVD
(4 3/4 in.)

Description     336              |3book|atext|btxt|2rdacontent
Description     336              |3DVD|acomputer dataset|bcod |2rdacontent
Description     337              |3book|aunmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     337             |3DVD|acomputer |2rdamedia
Description     338              |3book|avolume|bnc|2rdacarrier
Description     338             |3DVD|a computer disc|bcd |2rdacarrier

Description of a Book with a CD as Accompanying material containing Performed
Music
Description     300              228 pages :|billustrations ;|c30 cm  +|e1 CD
(4 3/4 in.)

Description     336              |3book|atext|btxt|2rdacontent
Description     336              |3CD|aaudio|bs|2rdacontent
Description     337              |3book|aunmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     337              |3CD|aperformed music|bprm|2rdamedia
Description     338              |3book|avolume|bnc|2rdacarrier
Description     338              |3CD |aaudio disc |bsd|2rdacarrier

Description of a Book with a Map as Accompanying material
Description     300              228 pages :|billustrations ;|c30 cm. +|e1 map.

Description     336              |3book|atext|btxt|2rdacontent
Description     336              |3map|acartographic image|bcri|2rdacontent
Description     337              |3book|aunmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     338              |3book|avolume|bnc|2rdacarrier
Description     338              |3map |asheet |bnb|2rdacarrier

Description of a Book with a CD as Accompanying material containing reference
Database

Description     300              228 pages :|billustrations ;|c30 cm +|e1
CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)

Description     336              |3book|atext|btxt|2rdacontent
Description     336              |3CD|acomputer dataset|bcod|2rdacontent
Description     337              |3book|aunmediated|bn|2rdamedia
Description     337              |3CD|acomputer|bc|2rdamedia
Description     338              |3book|avolume|bnc|2rdacarrier
Description     338              |3CD|acomputer disc|bcd|2rdacarrier