M. E. <m.k.e.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't confuse RDA's "production statement", which refers to man-made
> stuff, with what might be similar statements in another universe for
> naturally occurring objects.

Thinking this over, I should qualify that the production statement would
also apply to natural objects that are "made" or "converted" into something
else by hand, such as a display--AACR2's "resource as communication" that I
brought up in a related thread on OLAC-L.  Again, a case of RDA not be more
clear on how to handle such things which can be important parts of some
collections.

--
Mark K. Ehlert
Minitex