Hi,

Thanks a lot for the speedy response.

Yes, this is what I was suspecting - slightly different conventions (in this
case probably to do with which branch to deal with first) will lead to
different results.

The book I was referring to is An Introduction to Chemoinformatics from A.R.
Leach and V.J. Gillet. Yes, they refer to the CANGEN algorithm and to the
Weininger paper you mentioned.

It doesn't matter, as long as I'm aware of the scope of 'uniqueness'.

Just out of interest, is the InChi representation more 'unique' across
different packages than canonical SMILES?

Thanks again,

George.