George,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM, George Oakman <oakm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for looking into that. Yes, my piece of code is so simple that it
> must be a problem with the way I compile and link.

I just built your sample code by saving it to
$RDBASE/Code/Demos/RDKit/GettingStarted/oakman.cpp and adding the
following to the Jamfile in that directory:

exe oakman : oakman.cpp
  ../../../GraphMol//GraphMol
  ../../../DataStructs//DataStructs
  ../../../RDGeneral//RDGeneral ../../../Geometry//RDGeometry
  ../../..//lapacklibs
;

This compiles with MSVC++ and runs without error in both debug and
release modes.

The libraries I link against (GraphMol, DataStructs, RDGeneral,
RDGeometry, and lapack) may help you figure out which projects you
should add as dependencies in Visual Studio.