Yes, it is reproducible every time...
Actually code is quite simple: iterate through the rings, bonds, atoms for
each bond and add atoms and bonds to a new mol like:
Atom *begAtom = mol.getAtomWithIds(begIdx)->copy();
newBegIdx = fragMol->AddAtom(begAtom, false, true);
the same for an endAtom
etc...

Bond *pNewBond = pBond->copy();
pNewBond->setOwningMol(fragMol);
pNewBond ->setBeginAtomIdx(newBegIdx);
pNewBond ->setEndAtomIdx(newEndIdx);
int nNewBondIdx = fragMol->addBond(pNewBond, true);

Regards,
Evgueni

--
Dr. Evgueni Kolossov (PhD)