Dear RDKitters,

a few days ago, I came across one technology named docker
(http://www.docker.io/): it provides a possibility to ship a complete Linux
distribution into one container.

It attracted my interest, since I remembered one situation from the
GordonResearchConference on CADD, where I gave a workshop on using RDKit
(https://github.com/pzc/cadd-grc-2013). I was asked to run through a
hands-on installation of RDKit.

I declined to to do so due to the lack of time... Maybe some of the RDKit
pros would have done a better job!

However, what do you think of providing a docker-shipped Linux container
including a fully fledged RDKit installation?

I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to finally pack RDKit (& Linux) into one
container, but maybe someone of the mailing list could assist me in doing
this job.

Cheers,
Paul

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.