Hi Greg:

I’ve just placed two log files on http://fennario.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/temp/rdkit/

One was generated using the /usr/bin/g++ compiler on 10.9, i.e.,

zsh-% /usr/bin/g++ --version
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0
Thread model: posix

which seems to be the same as

zsh-% /usr/bin/clang++ --version
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0
Thread model: posix

The other one, which gets a bit further, was generated with fink’s g++ version
4.8 compiler in /sw/bin/g++, i.e.,

zsh-% /sw/bin/g++-4  --version
g++-4 (GCC) 4.8.2

However, as a positive control, I just installed the most recently available
compilers for 10.8, which still works fine to compile rdkit

fennario-% /usr/bin/g++ --version
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.76) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
Thread model: posix

It looks almost the same as the one for 10.9, so I am even more stumped than
before.

Bill