I'm trying to get to grips with using the RDKit cartridge, and so far
its going well.
One thing I'm concerned about is molecule standardization, along the
lines of the ChemAxon Standardizer that allows substructure searches to
be done is a way that is largely independent of the quirks of structure
representation. The classic example would be how nitro groups are
represented, so that it didn't matter which nitro representation was in
the query or target structures, because both were converted to a
canonical form.

My initial thoughts are that this would be done by:
changed
2. defining a function that performed the necessary transform to
generate the canonical form of a molecule.
3. generating a "canonical" structure column that was the result of
passing the raw structures through that function
4. building the SSS index on that canonical column
5. executing queries using that function to canonicalize the query structure

The problem I'm finding is that there do not seem to be postgres
functions defined for doing molecular transforms (essentially a reaction
transform) and doing things like removing explicit hydrogens. At least
not in the functions listed on this page:
http://rdkit.org/docs/Cartridge.html#functions

Am I missing something here, or might I be barking up completely the
wrong tree?

Tim