Dear RDKitters,

this is slightly off topic, but nonetheless of interest to some of you. We are
looking for a PostDoc heavily using RDKit for our PredictiveModels machinery at
Merck in Darmstadt. Please find below the announcement and contact me via email
if you are interested.

Cheers,
Paul

"

Postdoctoral researcher for predictive models in drug design (m/f)

Your role: Merck is striving for leadership in the application of Digital
Technologies across its various Businesses. In this context we are offering a
Post Doc Position for the development and application of Machine Learning and
Deep Learning. These techniques will be used for the prediction of
toxicological and pharmacological endpoints. You will closely interact with
internal experts from toxicology, medicinal chemistry, drug design, and with a
leading academic research group in the field of Deep Learning. As outcome of
your work, you will have a direct impact on fighting major diseases, like
cancer.

The position is initially limited to 2 years.

As exemplary publication outlining the techniques, the interested candidate may
have a look at our publication: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ci400308z

You will integrate your developed tools and models into our in house tool MOCCA
"Merck Online Computational Chemistry Analyzer".

For a brief MOCCA introduction, please have a look here:
https://github.com/rdkit/UGM_2015/blob/master/Presentations/LightningTalk_PaulCzodrowski.pdf.

Who you are:
*         PhD in Life Sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Pharmacy or Bioinformatics) or
Computer Science
*         In depth experience with Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning
*         Excellent knowledge of statistics
*         Solid background in the development of scientific software
(preferred: Python/Django/RDKit/RESTful)
*         You are a team player, communicative and have an out-going personality
"

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other
person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept
liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a
result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized
changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA,
Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this
message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused
by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.