Hello RDkitters,

I'm a user interested in the more of the catalytic side of the chemistry
involving radical chemistry. I found a couple deficiency in RDkit functionality
regarding this.

1. rdqueries module in python wrapper lacks a query for number of radical
electrons.

I can work around this if I know the atomic number of the species and use the
default valence with total valence queries, but it's not possible for atom
query where atomic number is not well-defined.

2. ResonanceMolSupplier module in python wrapper does not enumerate the radical
resonance structure. For example,

mol = Chem.MolFromSmiles('[CH2]C=CC')

resmols = ResonanceMolSupplier(mol)

for resmol in resmols:

    print Chem.MolToSmiles(resmol)

should produce two molecules: [CH2]C=CC and C=C[CH]C. But only produce the
original molecule.

It seems that the enumerator only looks at the resonance structure of charged
species, because when I do the same procedure with charged species, (i.e.
replace the smiles of the code above to [CH2+]C=CC), it produces [CH2+]C=CC and
C=C[CH+]C just fine.

I apologize for not working on these issues myself. I'm not very familiar with
C++, and do not have much time in my hand..

Thank you very much,

Geun Ho Gu