Hongbin Yang

 From: Chenyang ShiDate: 2017-03-09 01:32To: Greg LandrumCC: rdkit-discuss;
杨弘宾Subject: Re: [Rdkit-discuss] delete a substructure

网易邮箱

Dear Hongbin,
I tried your method on a molecule, 4-Methylsalicylic acid
(CC1=CC(=C(C=C1)C(=O)O)O). I looped through all groups defined in Joback method
(using SMARTS), and used m.GetSubstructMatches to print out all atom positions.
The result is summarized in the table.
We can see there are duplicated counts--coming from COOH group. As suggested by
Hongbin, we can remove duplicated atoms by looking at their positions--in this
case, ((9),), ((7,8,),), ((7,),), and ((8,),) are subsets of ((7,8,9)) from
-COOH. Indeed we can get rid of these duplicates. However, I also noticed that
Atom (3,) from =C< (ring) group is also a part of -OH (phenol) ((10,3),). If we
apply the same algorithm to remove duplicates, the =C<(ring) group will be only
counted twice instead of three times.
Greg, you mentioned as an alternative I can delete substructure using chemical
reaction method. It would be greatly appreciated if you could show me (point me
to) a simple example code, perhaps on a simple molecule? I find myself at a
loss when browsing the manual. I would like to try also in that direction.
Thanks,Chenyang