Hi

I'm using GetBestRMS to score conformers in an sdf relative to a pdb
extracted sdf ligand using the snippet below. I get odd behaviour when the
molecule includes a carboxylic acid.  depending on whether the charge is
explicitly defined in the sdf or not I get a different RMS which seems to
be that the symmetry of the carboxyl is not considered by GetBestRMS is
that so?  And if not can anyone suggest a workaround.  (FWIW I have
examples which "work" when the charge is supplied and "fail" if not as well
as vice versa)

import sys
from rdkit import Chem
from rdkit.Chem import AllChem, rdMolAlign

# The ensemble sdf conformations with hydrogens
suppl = Chem.SDMolSupplier(sys.argv[2],sanitize=False)
count=0

#compare them to ref pdb extract no hydrogens
for molh in suppl:
   count=count+1
   mol1 = Chem.MolFromMolFile(sys.argv[1])
   mol = Chem.RemoveHs(molh)
   mol = AllChem.AssignBondOrdersFromTemplate(mol1, mol)
   rms = AllChem.GetBestRMS(mol1, mol)
   print(rms)

*Thanks*

Dr. Martin Watson

--

Confidentiality Notice:
This email and any attachments may be

C4X Discovery Ltd Registered in England and Wales Registered
Number: 06324250 Registered Office: Manchester One, 53 Portland Street,
Manchester M1 3LD, UK.