On 06/13/2018 11:44 AM, Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:

> No, you can compile RDKit yourself if you don't want to use X11 features. You
> wanted to install through conda, which has a set of packages for 'most use' -
> YMMV.

Sadly, MM does indeed V. On my box I can't, not without also compiling
boost myself -- and I haven't looked further. Wouldn't be surprised if
it takes me all the way to compiling GNU Compiler Collection myself too.
Some day I'll get a round tuit to set up an alpine build VM and see if
it compiles there... so I can roll it into a reasonable-sized docker
container, but compiling it on my desktop is simply not worth my time.

(And our compute nodes are the same or older as my desktop, so if it
doesn't work on my box, we can't deploy it anywhere.)
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin