Hello,

Thank you RDKIT. I found this is a very helpful instruction about how to
get all the dihedral restraints of a molecule (
https://sourceforge.net/p/rdkit/mailman/message/34554502/ ). From the code
provided, I have some questions:

Since the output is the id of the atom which is different from the id of
the atom in PDB file generated by MolToPDBFile(), how can I determine which
ID number corresponding to which atom exactly? Is it the id number
generated by enumerateTorsions() 1 unit less than the actual id number in
pdb file of same molecule?

As a follow up, is there any possible ways to detect torsion restraints
only on bonds that have Trans geometry when Trans geometry is possible for
that bond ?

For example: if I input a random chemical with SMILES string as
c2ccc(CCc1ccccc1)cc2  (2 rings connected by CCCC), how should I manipulate
the code so that it only output the ID of the middle parts of the molecule
which is the CCCC (which has possible TRANS conformation)?

Thank you so much for your help.

Phuong Chau
Smith College '20
Engineering and Data Science Major