Hi all,

  The end of the year is coming up. Perhaps there's extra money in your budget
which can go to support open source development in cheminformatics?

As many of you know, I started a crowdfunding effort to fund improvements to
the matched molecular pair program "mmpdb". I want to see if crowdfunding could
help pay for long-term project sustainability in our field.

At the institutional level, this effort is very much like a standard
consortium. If you join the crowdfunding effort, you get new features which are
not available to the general public, such as a command-line tool to export the
rules and Postgres support. These are available right now.

As more people join the consortium, I will commit to adding new features. One
which interests many people is to replace the existing opaque hash environment
fingerprint with a fragment SMILES. That will be funded if two additional
corporate members join.

Everyone who joins gets the new features under a permissive open source
license. If enough people join, then I will commit to releasing the software to
the public in the fall of next year.

If you want mmpdb to be supported and improved, then you should get your
organization to join the funding effort.

Full details at http://mmpdb.dalkescientific.com/ .

Best regards,

                                Andrew
                                da...@dalkescientific.com