Greetings,

Could someone please clarify how can I pass atomic partial charges to the
ECFP fingerprint generator along with the default atomic properties that it
considers? Can I pass the real charge values or do I have to group them
into bins and pass the bin identifier? I found a function in utilsFP.py
file which generates invariants as follows:

def generateAtomInvariant(mol):
    """
    >>> generateAtomInvariant(Chem.MolFromSmiles("Cc1ncccc1"))
    [341294046, 3184205312, 522345510, 1545984525, 1545984525,
1545984525, 1545984525]
    """
    num_atoms = mol.GetNumAtoms()
    invariants = [0]*num_atoms
    for i,a in enumerate(mol.GetAtoms()):
        descriptors=[]
        descriptors.append(a.GetAtomicNum())
        descriptors.append(a.GetTotalDegree())
        descriptors.append(a.GetTotalNumHs())
        descriptors.append(a.IsInRing())
        descriptors.append(a.GetIsAromatic())
        invariants[i]=hash(tuple(descriptors))& 0xffffffff
    return invariants

And then generate the fingerprint like this:

fp = AllChem.GetMorganFingerprint(mol, radius=3,
invariants=generateAtomInvariant(mol))

Would just suffice to add this extra line in generateAtomInvariant() function?

descriptors.append(a.GetFormalCharge())

I thank you in advance.
Thomas

Dr. Thomas Evangelidis

Research Scientist

IOCB - Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy
of Sciences <https://www.uochb.cz/web/structure/31.html?lang=en>, Prague,
Czech Republic
  &
CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology
<https://www.ceitec.eu/>, Brno,
Czech Republic

email: teva...@gmail.com, Twitter: tevangelidis
<https://twitter.com/tevangelidis>, LinkedIn: Thomas Evangelidis