Dear RDkit users,

I am writing to you because I need help.
I am trying to calculate the RMSD between two molecules through
AllChem.GetBestRMS function but it only works when I run it on the same
molecule.
If I try to perform the function with two different molecules I get a generic
error
RuntimeError: std::exception

I also tried using the map parameter providing a list of tuples with the
atom-atom mappings
of the two molecules but it still doesn't work.
I think this kind of error is very strange because using the AllChem.AlignMol
function
to align the two molecules (I use this function before calculating the RMSD
with AllChem.GetBestRMS()
you actually get the RMSD between the two aligned molecules.

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem or what are the causes?

Best,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore Galati

PhD Visiting Student
Bonn Aachen International Center for Information Technology BIT
Life Science Informatics
Endenicher Allee 19c
53115 Bonn
Tel : +39 340721431