Hi Geoff,
The drawer has the GetDrawCoords() method.  There are 2 overloads, one
takes a Point2D, the other an atom index, and both return the coordinates
in the drawers reference frame.  Assuming you're working in Python.  In
C++, they're getDrawCoords().
https://www.rdkit.org/docs/source/rdkit.Chem.Draw.rdMolDraw2D.html

Dave

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 4:22 PM Geoffrey Hutchison <
geoff.hutchi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been using RDKit for depicting sets of ligands from SMILES, which has
> been great.
>
> I'd like to add some bidentate and tridentate ligands. Let's stick to
> bipyridine at first (see image)
>

> I have the appropriate SMILES, leaving * as part of a 5 atom ring
> involving the nitrogen atoms (and sanitize = False)
> C12=CC=CC=[N]1[*][N]3=C2C=CC=C3
>
> The resulting depiction is great .. except I'd like to add the attachment
> "squiggles" across the N-* bonds.
>
> I see there are DrawAttachmentLine and DrawWavyLine methods, but I'd need
> to get the positions of the N and * atoms.
>
> What's the best way to do that and / or automate adding wavy lines across
> arbitrary bonds?
>
> Thanks,
> -Geoff

David Cosgrove
Freelance computational chemistry and chemoinformatics developer
http://cozchemix.co.uk