As part of the work on improving the way RDKit handles organometallics that
is in the latest release, there is MolOps::cleanUpOrganometallics, which
attempts to do the bond transformations in a similar way to that gist.  The
intention was that this would be part of the default sanitization, but late
in the day it was discovered that it didn't work well with compounds with 2
metal atoms and bridging chlorine atoms, such as
'F[Pd]1(Cl)Cl->[Pd](Cl)(Cl)<-Cl1'.
It's my intention to fix that at some point in the near future, but in the
meantime if you're working in C++ it is available for use with caveats.
Worth a try in this case, perhaps.
Dave

On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 9:51 AM Santiago Fraga <santi...@mestrelab.com>
wrote:

> Good morning Wim
>       Yes, I know that the original smiles has problems with the dative
> bonds.
>       I am trying to load the molecule and then fix those bonds using this
> solution:
>       https://gist.github.com/greglandrum/6cd7aadcdedb1ebcafa9537e8a47e3a4
>
>       And then generate a new molfile. I will try to apply your code to
> see if I can improve the molecule
>       depiction.
>
>  Regards
>  Santiago
>
> <http://www.mestrelab.com>
>
> SANTIAGO FRAGA
> *Software Developer*
> santi...@mestrelab.com <+santi...@mestrelab.com>
>
> *MESTRELAB RESEARCH S.L.*
> PHONE *+34881976775*
> FAX *+34981941079*
> Feliciano Barrera, 9B-Bajo 15706
> Santiago de Compostela (SPAIN)
>
> Follow us:
> [image: Mestrelab Twitter] <https://twitter.com/mestrelab>  [image:
> Mestrelab Linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/mestrelab-research>
>  [image: Canal de YouTube Mestrelab]
> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3MVnd3XZflv0acvTv14ww>  [image:
> MestreBlog] <http://mestrelab.com/blog/>

David Cosgrove
Freelance computational chemistry and chemoinformatics developer
http://cozchemix.co.uk