Hi,
I'd like to be able to redirect the various logging streams to files from
within the code.  I know that I can turn them off:

RDLogger.DisableLog('rdApp.*')

but that's more extreme than I want.
I have found the function RDLogger.AttachFileToLog() but can't work out how
to use it.  The naive

RDLogger.AttachFileToLog('rdApp.*', 'logging.file', 1)

didn't produce a file anywhere I could see.  I have not been able to find
an example of its use.

find . -name \*.py -exec grep AttachFileToLog {} \; -print

from the top of the source tree produces

from rdkit.rdBase import AttachFileToLog, DisableLog, EnableLog, LogMessage
./rdkit/RDLogger.py

but the functions don't seem to be used within that file.

Any pointers gratefully received.
Dave

--
David Cosgrove
Freelance computational chemistry and chemoinformatics developer