Wrenches,

[I don't think this got posted earlier or perhaps it is too prosaic a
question for reply]

We have a high-end client for whom we are installing a 12 kWp system on an
essentially flat roof. The terrain slopes down from the street to the house
(and there is an additional 2.5 deg slope on the roof in the same
direction), hence making the array visible at some point away from the house
going uphill to the street. The client has asked us to paint the back
tilt-legs and rails of the array the same color as the PV module frames. The
reason being the legs and rails are clear anodized (ProSolar) and the
modules are black anodized (BP SX3200). We are talking about only the back
of one row, as the front of the row is so low as to be truly out of sight.

The question: what do we need to do to prep and paint the clear anodized
tilt legs and rails? I'm hoping that a quick TSP wash, rinse and dry,
followed by a primer appropriate for Al, followed by a high quality exterior
paint. Any suggestions on primer and finish coat products? We want this to
look good and last a long time.

Thanks,

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President