Thanks for all the great feedback.  This installation was more screwed up than Hogan's goat, so replacing the inverter is the least of the clients problems.  I found that there was no ground wires to any modules, no ground rod, no GFI, and it is a metal pole mounted array located in the center of a grade school playground and has made a great jungle gym.   This system passed city electrical inspection, so what else is new!

Most likely we will be asked to totally rework and replace the inverter with a different brand after we install an approved grounding system, and yes, we will need to rewire the array for a higher voltage since this system was set up for less than 80 volts DC input.

Thanks again to all including those who wrote off-line,

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.