We have a Fronius inverter system located on the interior wall of the garage
next to our offices.  When I get in my car or truck parked outside, and I have
the radio set to a strong AM station, I can "hear" the inverter over top of the
radio station while parked about 20 feet away and on the oposite side of the
wall.  As I pull away the radio interference drops off very quickly at about 30
feet.  The sound is more like harmonic tones, not your typical static.   I
don't have this problem around my ol Trace SW40, but this is not intended to be
a scientific study.

I have not heard of other equipment bothering inverters and would expect most
of the hospital equipment to be shielded.

Jeff Yago