Hi Jay

I have experience with similar structures. Is this a Monolithic Dome? Key Dome?

In any case, with 2.5 " of concrete, it almost certainly has welded wire or rebar or both embedded, so you have lots of strength. Just need to get lucky when you drill holes to miss the metal. No need to go deeper than 2", if the previous is so. You're on the right track with epoxy filled so you maintain water tightness.
What is the coating on the exterior concrete?

Ken at commonwealthsolar.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "jay peltz" <j...@asis.com> To: <k...@northwindre.com>; "RE-wrenches" <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] anchoring racks to concrete roof

Hi Guys,

This mount install is not on a flat roof, well a few hundred sq feet are, but mostly on some tilt. Also they do get hurricanes there, so not sure how well the ballasted work in that high of wind.

As to the construction, not of my choice anyway. I've never see in here in the US but in MX or Baja at least its common.
Quicker than standard blocks and lots of insulation in the middle.

So I think I really looking at in concrete anchors, and am leaning towards epoxy style.

Thanks,

jay