Joel,
Excellent advice. Tump also hit the nail when he said that it's OUR reputations on the line when we recommend and install a product. Unfortunately, no matter how well beta testing goes, there are so many varied installations, climates and situations in what we do that there will always be some problems and tweaks needed with new products. No blame, but all the more reason that the manus need to support the Wrenches, especially the early adopters, with compensation for legitimate service calls. For years I've tried to get through to various marketing department heads (you know, the folks with a BA in BS) that the distributors are not their market, the end users are not their market, the WRENCHES are their market. Some get it, some don't. Nine times out of ten, whatever I am recommending the client will buy. And, if I don't recommend it, I don't buy it through distribution. So, marketing types, who has the power here?
Best, Bob-O