boB,

I usually put only two in series and use MPPT to down convert to 12 volts. Some RV customers have 6~8 modules, series/parallel. I promote the use of battery monitors in all systems so if there was a performance issue, I would have seen or heard of it by now. RV customers have nothing better to do than to stare at the monitors. Really though, most RV full-timers are a dedicated group of "off- gridders" conserving energy and water resources.

Now that you and Dan mention it, I did hear that the polarization effect did not occur at low string voltages. I have never installed any high voltage strings with SP.

Larry