I suggest that high rate recharge could be safely done but only with a
charge algorithm more sophisticated than what is commonly found in renewable
energy gear.

The chargers typically found in our industry deliver the same "bulk" charge
amperage from initiation of the recharge all the way to when the absorption
voltage is reached. So...if you set that for a high value the same high rate
would be present not only when the battery is highly depleted but also when
the battery is approaching 80% state of charge. That seems scary to me.

The electric vehicle industry may offer some good choices in chargers
specifically for "rapid recharge". These would deliver highest amps at first
but would diminish the amperage as the battery voltage ramps up--without
waiting for the absorption voltage to be reached before the amperage taper
begins.

You might like to ask the technicians at your battery manufacturer to make
sure they're OK with your intended recharge method. Regards to all,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675