Hi, All~

On an AC coupled system as Jeff describes, the "battery charge circuitry" on
the battery based inverter is not even participating.

A straight pure sine inverter...with no charger function built in...would
also "charge" the battery if AC coupled to a SunnyBoy with no grid
available. The "charge" is just the inverter's way of dealing with back EMF.

I agree that better control over that "recharge" is an important area; I
hope somebody is working on that. It's true that the "wild card recharge"
only occurs if grid goes away but as Jeff mentions, it only takes a few
times of crummy end of charge management to ruin a nice set of sealed
batteries.

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675