That's interesting Drake, about the accessible groups.
Are there clearance issues for thermal concerns or anything?
It sounds like you could run your dc wires up the rows and have
all your inverters grouped on the top rail. That a one man call to
trouble shoot a system which has been a big concern from many voices
all along. Maybe those guys can offer several whip lengths or something...
i don't know I haven't worked with the gear yet.

nick vida

I'm also concerned about the issues brought up here.  I have two
possible projects that would benefit from Enphase due to the fact
that the modules will go on more than one roof, with significantly
different orientations.  In one case, there are shading issues as well.

Supposedly the Enphase units are selling fast.  Someone must be
installing them.  They have been out long enough that there must be
some data as to whether or not the units are surviving.  The long
term will not be known until the inverters have been out for many
years, however if they are having issues in the short term, then we
know they have issues.

One idea that Enphase tech support said was acceptable was to mount
the inverters in accessible groups.  The DC leads would need to be
extended, and some loss would occur.  Also the inverters can be
mounted in vented attics.  Having the inverters in a group in an
accessible attic would make maintenance easier than tearing apart an
array to get to a dead inverter.