Windy Dankoff and Flowlight Pumps became Dankoff Solar Products around 1997, when I bought Windy's retail operations to form Positive Energy. Paul Benson, at that time Windy's son-in-law, became general manager and was quite competent - he's now CEO of Focused Energy. BP Solar was trying to get into the US market back then, and used their deep pockets to set up about a dozen "BP Partners" to become distributors; a few, including Dankoff, succeeded.

Conergy bought Dankoff Solar Products in 2005 in order to get established in the U.S. Conergy wanted the distribution, but never knew how to deal with the pumps, which weren't part of their business model. Sort of a bastard stepchild, pumps weren't marketed or advertised; development and support was handled competently by a small team in Santa Fe. Finally, Conergy last year dropped everything that didn't fit into a box with a bar code - wind, all pumps, thermal, and ETL-listed system preassembly.

I know just a tiny bit more than I can say. That little bit is that there are negotiations going on for a US company to buy the water pumping operations and reestablish the line, with full support.

Chris, that doesn't help you. We stocked up on common pump parts when the announcement went out, but they were already out of Booster Pump/2507 Slowpump brushes. We have just one set, which needs to stay here for our customers. But hey - the brushes will work down to 1/4" long. In all my years with these pumps, I have only once seen worn out brushes. I know that you can stretch the brush springs a bit to better contact the armature, and that will likely get you by until parts are again available.

Allan Sindelar
Allan@positiveenergysolar.com
NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer
EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Positive Energy, Inc.
3201 Calle Marie
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
505 424-1112
www.positiveenergysolar.com

Chris Daum wrote:

Dear folks:

I have a customer without water due to needing a set of brushes for a
Flowlight series 2920-24 pump (serial #082704).  Does anyone happen to have
a set?  If you are willing to part with them, please contact me offlist.
Thanks and happy new year!

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.
406-777-4309