I just attended a training class in Philly last week by Enphase technical staff and my notes say they suggest up to 15 micro-inverters @ 190 watts each per string with no problem.  They also are now shipping their dual module micro-inverter which should help with this wire issue since this model #D380 has two #M190 units built into the same box which is only slightly larger than a single micro-inverter.

Since this new dual micro-inverter does NOT have the AC pass-through wire built-in, you are no longer limited to the wire size that comes in and out for the 240 VAC connections.  HOWEVER, they require you to purchase this awful looking multi-tap pigtail cable for the AC connections which has a pre-wired connector spaced the expected distance apart the micro-inverters would be installed, and this is a $950 item for every six dual micro-inverters.  When I saw this thing I thought is was a python that had swalled six pepsi cans!  Not sure what this will look like on a roof or how well it can be hidden behind the array, but it uses a larger wire size so perhaps the wire loss issue has been resolved.

Jeff Yago
DTI Solar

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.