From: re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf
Of R Ray Walters
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 7:46 AM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] calculating DC voltage drop

I try to keep it in copper for DC, as I had always heard of
trouble with Aluminum on DC. (True or Old Wrenches Tale?)
We definitely go to Al on long AC runs, as its whats
available, and the cost difference becomes remarkable.
I've seen small cuts in Al, later corrode completely through
the conductor.(AC run) I'm not sure what would happen it
were DC.
Probably depend on whether it was positive or negative, and
which was bonded to ground? (either accelerate the
corrosion, or act as cathodic protection?)

R. Walters
r...@solarray.com
Solar Engineer