Kirk:

Just went through this. You need a Mate with capability to set a cool down period.

William Miller

Sent from a sidewalk cafe in Naousa.

On Aug 12, 2010, at 3:22 PM, "Kirk Herander, VSE" <k...@vtsolar.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have an off-grid customer with dual Outback inverters and a Kohler 8.5 RES generator. When the inverter automatically shuts off the generator, we see quite a surge (greater than 300 vac) in the house, before the switch to batteries takes place. This trips their arc- fault breaker and causes their flat-screen tv to power off and then back on. The generator people say this shutoff surge is not uncommon (translation – they don’t know what to do about it), although I’ve never seen it to this