David:

Thanks for the reply. Today I installed a 6 watt module. This job is a long drive so I could not pre-measure the idle draw. The generator draws 145 mA when not running. The 6 watt module charges at 300 mA.

As I figure it, with 4.5 average full sun hours, my module has about 1/2 as much output as needed.

Your generator battery remains charged with a 10 watt module. I wonder if your generator draws less? Do you run your generator often? Does it self charge?

Thanks,

William Miller