Are you using temperature compensation? It lowers the voltage when its hot.
Also, have you considered setting the batteries in a below ground vault? I've
had good luck with in floor battery boxes.
Finally, AGMs and L16s just don't last very long anyway. AGMs maybe 3 years,
and L16s I've seen die in under 5 years and we get to 15 below zero.
My suggestion: temp comp, ground vault, HUP or equivalent cycle life.

R. Walters
r...@solarray.com
Solar Engineer