I would always expect the power monitoring at the inverter ( or in this case at the module) to be higher, because of wire losses. Matt's case is about a 4 to 5% difference though, so that only explains maybe half the loss at most. I wonder if the inverter monitoring measures incoming watts, or before the transformers (if applicable), or other internal equipment..... Or is it more a case of "our monitoring is rated +,- 2% accuracy, so we're going to calibrate it to +2%" to put a :) on all our readings? Meanwhile I could see the utility metering being set on the low side of their accuracy window to avoid fights with customers.... Have we never had an inverter Manu comment on this seemingly very consistent discrepancy? Has anyone with some seriously calibrated accurate metering determined where all these differences are coming from? Cause I'm just guessing it's a combination of the above factors, but I don't actually know. I found a EPRI white paper saying 98% of utility meters are within 2%, but I couldn't even find an accuracy spec for Enphase's monitoring.

Ray