Alan: Thanks for setting me straight about 3-phasing the Outback Radian - I was not aware they are limited to parallel single phase applications.

Regards,

Gary Willett

On 10/21/2011 15:29, Allan Sindelar wrote:
Gary,
I was surprised by this information, as I had presumed that both units were for single-phase only. So I checked.

Mary Raub in tech support at Outback told me that the Radian works only in 120/240 single-phase, although they are stackable in parallel.

Someone in Schneider tech support told me that the XW can be used in three-phase, up to six units (36 kW). Setup instructions are in Appendix D of the XW installation guide, found online at http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/85257849002EB8CB/all/5CC689CC3CB7FD10852578BF005EA759/$File/xw-hybrid-inverter-charger_installation-guide%28975-0239-01-01_rev-e%29.pdf.

Thanks, Allan

*Allan Sindelar*
_Allan@positiveenergysolar.com_ <mailto:al...@positiveenergysolar.com>
NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
*Positive Energy, Inc.*
3201 Calle Marie
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507