The AAV cap mentioned in a previous post is a clean and easy fix if your
jurisdiction allows them. Most do and I'm aware of many installers using these,
although I have not. It could be that some folks are getting away with it
because the inspector had no idea of the attic terminations. In many cases a
Loop Vent may be allowed, I have one on my island kitchen sink. I can't come up
a good reason to disallow them.