A few years ago there was a rash of this type module glass breakage caused
by flaws in the glass, that would not show up until a year's worth of
thermal cycling.  I saw several of the non-frame glass only modules fail in
California sun.  Without a frame they would curl-up into a "U" shape.
Usually the glass needs to cycle from very cold to very hot several times,
or be very hot in sun then a sudden rain to cause this glass flaw to fail.
Like electronics, if this did not happen in the first year after
installation it most likely was something other than flaw in glass.

Anyway, I thought this was going away with better quality controls on the
glass used in module manufacturer.

Jeff Yago

DTI Solar Inc.