From: William Dorsett <wmdors...@sbcglobal.net>
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:37 AM
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Solar NGO's in Haiti??

A doctor in town has started an orphanage in Haiti and while it has connection
with government power for a few hours per day, it of course is not reliable and
is very expensive. We are still in the stage where we are trying to figure how
to shed as much load as possible. I have no territoriality in this project and
will help provide system design and hardware at my cost, however apparently
tariffs can be huge so we may want to source as much as possible in country.
Can anyone tell me which solar NGO’s (SELF?) you’d recommend to tell us what
hardware (deep cycle batteries) is available in country? And if it is a simple
UPS system, storing from the grid, what grid-connected battery chargers does
everyone recommend for a fairly large battery bank? Used to be Todd chargers
and I wondered if they’ve corrected problems or passed on to some other company.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Bill Dorsett
Sunwrights
1715 Leavenworth