To: "RE-wrenches" <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Enphase failures

Troy:

Of the 100 or so Enphase inverters we have seen 2 fail. I have my fingers crossed.

Wm

PS:

Xantrex GT:  About 15% failure
SMA SB:  About 15% failure
Fronius:  300% failure rate

wm

At 01:02 PM 7/5/2012, Troy Harvey wrote:
I'm wondering how many of you have had Enphase failures in the field. Basically every one of our sites with M175 or M190 has seen failures. Most of those are one their second wave of replacements. It appears these have a linear failure rate in the field, and we have to replace 2 to 3 inverters at every site, every year.

At this point we have stopped using Enphase products because the cost of replacement is too high. You have to disassemble a whole array just to replace 1 or 2 inverters. In theory it gives you per-panel diagnostics, but that is just silly considering the panels are thousands of times more durable than the inverters.

What is your experience?

thanks,

Troy Harvey

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org