I don't think any bolts, washers, nuts, screws, lags, all thread, etc are UL
listed either.  There aren't UL batteries, so they can't prevent us from
powering off grid homes.  Is concrete UL listed, when we do a ground mount
array or a Uffer ground?
The card being played here is article 110.2 'equipment shall be acceptable only
if approved';  then article 100 defines approved as being 'acceptable to the
AHJ'  I call this little bit of NEC BS, the AHJ = God conundrum.  110.3 (A)
provides many other criteria besides listing to verify the acceptability of
equipment, so regardless of the seemingly omnipotent 110.2, an AHJ can't
reasonably require equipment that doesn't exist.

Ray