i don't know if this will work for you, but i had a job a few years back with wider than standard seams. i contacted the mfgr and they said it was ok to crush the seam under the proposed s5 location with channel locks.

granted, these seams were just over the 1/2" width and tapered/opened wider as the seam went top to bottom, so most of the crushing happened towards the pan. as i torqued them i had to apply pressure from the top to prevent them from moving up to the narrower part (top) of the seam. in the end, it all worked fine.

todd