That's interesting. About 10 years ago I went through about 6 control boards on
an Onan Quiet Diesel over a few years with a Dual SW5548 system that employed
AGS. Eventually the Onan became a backup and was started manually. It did not
last much longer mechanically, but I don't recall any additional boards. You
might be on to something.

I swore off Onan because of the board issues, expense, and lack of support (or
care/concern/empathy) from dealers. They didn't have any interest in diagnosing
or solving the problem. Why would they - I kept coming back for $800 boards!

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar