Hello wrenches,

Its been a while since I posed a question about this, but I thought I'd
follow up.  I got a chance to get a scope on the propane generator output.
 The voltage output of the propane generator has a significant "bite" out
of the top of the voltage peak.  Jay, I think you were right, the rms
voltage was good, but the peak didn't match up with what the Heart inverter
wanted to see.

Does anyone know what may cause a "bite" in the top of the voltage waveform
of a generator?

Thanks

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Jay Peltz <j...@asis.com> wrote:

> Hi folks
> You might also check peak volts. If memory serves correctly those  older
> inverters charged off peak volts not RMS.
>
> Jay
> Peltz power
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 18, 2012, at 7:07 AM, "bob ellison" <reelli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Try putting a load on the generator (like a 1500 watt hair dryer) before
> the Heart kicks on then once it transfers to the loads and starts charging,
> shut it off.****
>
> It might be finding the voltage or frequency to high for it’s liking.****
>
> Plug it directly into the generator of somewhere before the inverter to
> get gen power.****
>
> ** **
>
> Bob Ellison****
>
> ** **