On 2/27/2013 1:23 PM, bob ellison wrote:

Makes me wonder how many dual breakers I have taken the handle tie off and used as singles in the past. It has been several, and none with no internal connections that I could find or notice, with the exception of longer rivets holding them together.

This is fairly easy to test for.

Remove the pin, reset the breaker handles and then basically apply a battery across the breaker terminals. If it is internally connected, both handles will flip together even without
the pins tying them together for switching.

If you are afraid of sparks and arcs, use a 12V battery.

Use real wire. No rat shack clip leads !

boB

Granted it has been a while since I have done that.

Later,

Bob Ellison

*From:*re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org [mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] *On Behalf Of *John Berdner
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:06 PM
*To:* RE-wrenches
*Subject:* Re: [RE-wrenches] DC circuit breakers in parallel

Larry:

The Code requires parallel breakers to be designed for this application (internally ganged).

Just using a handle tie does not allow you to use the poles in parallel.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

General Manager, North America

SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.

3347 Gateway Boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 USA */(*Please note of our new address.)/*