From: re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Erickson
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:37 AM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Outback wave form

I'm having a similar issue with a GRID-TIE inverter just now. SMA 5000US which,
when it wakes up every morning, removes the date and time from the programming
in the customers' Monitor brand kerosene heater. They have to re-enter it
daily, which is annoying enough, but when they go out of town, they have to
leave the inverter off to avoid coming home to a cold house.

So far SMA has had us move the breaker as far as possible from the heater
breaker, to no avail. They had no other suggestions. I used a Panamax plug-in
power conditioner with 50 dB of EMI filtering on the heater outlet, which has
reduced the frequency of the problem to once a day, when it wakes up, from a
few times a day. Trying a different heater is out of the question due to cost,
so I'm stumped as how to avoid an unhappy customer, unless the answer is
experimenting with more robust power conditioners.

Bruce Erickson
Mendocino Solar Service
PO Box 1252
Mendocino, CA 95460